EWS DG Admission 2018-19: The admission process for the children under EWS/DG category at the Entry Level Classes (Pre-School/Nursery, Pre-Primary/KG and Class 1) in Private Unaided Schools for the academic session 2018-19 is online now at Edudel.nic.in.
The inclusion of Private Schools Recognized under RTE, Act 2009 up to the Elementary level in the online computerized admission process for EWS/DG category children along with the schools recognized DSEAR, 1973 (2018-19).
Now no Private Unaided school recognized/provisionally recognized by Director of Education shall admit any child offline at the entry-level classes. It must be noted that single application shall be filed by an individual applicant for online admission process. Multiple applicants filed by an individual applicant shall lead to cancellation of candidature of the applicant, even after succeeding in the draw of lots for admission.
Admissions of EWS (annual income less than one lakh rupees) DG category (SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy layer/Physically Challenged/ Orphan and Transgender and all children living with or affected by HIV) shall be made through Computerized Lottery System in the private schools of Delhi against 25% seats reserved for them under the provisions of Right to Education Act, 2009.
Admission Schedule for EWS DG Admission 2018-19
The schedule for the EWS DG Admission 2018-19 is as follows:-
- Uploading details of schools /residential areas falling in neighborhood of each participating school: Up to 15/01/2018 (Monday)
- Taking suggestions from schools regarding residential areas in the neighborhood of the participant schools by a team set-up at the zonal level, for further streamlining of details: 15/01/2018 (Monday) to 18/01/2018 (Thursday)
- Opening of online module for filling online application: 22/01/2018 (Monday)
- Last date of submission of online application by the EWS/DG category applicants: 21/02/2018 (Wednesday)
- The date of first computerized draw of lots: 07/03/2018 (Wednesday)
How to Apply Online for EWS DG Admission 2018-19
Who can Apply: Any person residing in Delhi, having the residence proof of Delhi and requisite income certificate (less than one lakh rupees annually) issued by the Revenue Department of GNCTD or BPL/AAY (ration card/Food Security Cardholder are eligible for applying in these Private Unaided Recognized Schools for admission to their ward under Economically Weaker Section Category. The condition of minimum residency period of 03 years in Delhi for applying to admission under EWS & Disadvantaged Group Category has been waived off.)
Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer), Children with Disability as defined in the Right of Persons with Disability Act, 2016, Orphans, Transgender and all children living with or affected by HIV shall be considered as Disadvantaged Group Category as defined in Section 2 (d) of the RTE Act-2009. (Income Certificate is not required to claim the benefit of DG Category).
Age Limit for EWS DG Admission 2018-19
For admission, the Pre-school(Nursery), Pre-Primary(KG) and class-I, the minimum age for admission in this class shall be three years, four years and five years respectively by 31 5t March of the year. The upper age limit for admission in entry-level classes is as under:-
- For Pre-School: Less than 04 years as on 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought.
- For Pre-Primary: Less than 05 years as on 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought.
- For Class 1: Less than 06 years as on 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought.
EWS/DG Lottery Result 2018-19
The result of first online computerized draw of lots under EWS DG Lottery Result 2018 will be declared on 7th of March 2018. You can check your EWS/DG Lottery Result 2018-19 through the official website Edudel.nic.in.
The Helpline number for registering any grievance, relating to admission process of EWS / DG Category is changed from 8800355146 to 9818154069. Now, new helpline numbers are 9818154069 and 8800355192.
In addition to the above, for any grievance relating to admission process in EWS/DG category, complaints or queries may be registered at the link http://doepvt.delhi.gov.in or at helpline numbers 8800355192 & 8800355146 (between 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM on Monday to Friday).