Reliance Jio Chairman Mukesh Ambani was expected to make a major announcement for the future of country’s fatest and largest netwrork, Jio. Mukesh Ambani addressed the press conference in Mumbai where he revealed Jio’s future plan. Ambani prime announcement about the Reliance Jio membership was that from April Reliance Jio prime membership will be available for Rs 99 per Year. This membership programme will be for the current users nad the users who will join the network after 31 March.
Ambani also mentioned the growth which the network has faced and it is one of the fastest and highest subsciber network which competed against global giants like Facebook, Whatsapp and Skype. The Chairman said to have a target of covering 99% of villages and cities by the end of 2018.
Ambani accounted some of the achievements of Reliance Jio which are listed as-
- Reliance Jio has crossed the mark of 100 million customers only in 170 days.
- A new customer is added to the network after every 7 seconds per day.
- India’s ranking for data usage has increased since the launch of Jio with earlier being in the 150th position and now becoming the World’s No. 1 data usage country.
- Till date 100 crore Gigabyte of data has been used.
- Reliance Jio tariff will start from 1, April, which will have voice call, roaming charges, free with no hidden charges.
- Till date lakhs of customers have gone for Mobile Number Portability (MNP), hoping more and more people to make Jio their permanent house.
- By the end of 2018, Jio to be present in all villages covering 99% of the population.
- Reliance Jio enrollment will start from March 1 till 31 March 2017 whose charges will be Only Rs 303 per month or Rs 10 per day for another full year.
- Jio prime members can continue to enjoy unlimited benefits of New Year offer for another 12 months.
Mukesh Ambani’s announcement has already created a stir among the users. This attractive offer is sure to add more customers to the circle.